Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Bouquet of Love

Ever wonder since when did our city is swapped with the Dragon Fruit craze? I adore the exotic colour of the red Dragon Fruit and always think that it serves perfectly as a nature colouring. So everyone, the Dragon Fruit Buttercream frosting!


The purple colour is so yummy and the black bits of the dragon fruit give an extra texture to the buttercream. Oh... not forgetting the lemon cupcake too! Refreshing and pair off perfectly with the buttery frosting.

The buttercream here is actually the meringue buttercream which is very much an unsweetened version compared to the traditional buttercream. I never like buttercream frosting (I always opt for cream cheese frosting or chocolate ganache) until I found this!

I made this batch for my mum's birthday and the Dragon Fruit frosting pretty much was inspired by her new found love in this fruit! And I think she is pretty sick with my batches and batches of cupcake so I made her this:

A cupcake bouquet!

Every girls like a bouquet of flower at any times of the day! But deep down we all know that it is not so practical, so what about a bouquet of cupcake?

I love the perfect blend of colour! And most importantly, my mum loves it! It not only serves as a presentable gifts but also as a awesome table centerpiece for parties!

Say no to a Cupcake Bouquet? I dare you not!

No comments: